Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ho hum..what boredom can do to one..

I've been accused, that I've not posted for a while on this thing, by my one-member fan club (yes, it's still only one ;o( ..but then again, how many members does a manshark fan club need anyway?!)

I've spent about 5 days at home now and it's driving me stark raving mad. I see why people are asked to go out and meet other people..it keeps the madness at bay for li'l while at least. BUT omg, what I realized when I did go out yday. Since I started this blog I now think of myself as Manshark..in the third person!! Omg, omg, omg..

Firstly, yday I was at lunch with a friend and, referring to my headache, I said "poor li'l manshark's head" (!!!) and he's like "WHAT?!?" Arrgghh..almost stabbed myself with the butter knife...(btw, there was this schizophrenic dude who actually committed suicide by stabbing himself with a butter knife..Okay, you didn't need to know that as interesting as it is, but I just realized that the direction my thoughts were progressing in may not be too safe in the long run..mmh).

Secondly, I have now started thinking in the third person too..such as..manshark is hungry, etc..which is doubly wierd since I never referred to meself in the third person aloud or inside my head even before the advent of manshark..What the?!?

Thirdly, I'm convinced this is a contagious disease I've caught from that sexy-boot-wearing-Turtle, who by the way, has promised to get me some of 'em very nice elmo socks (ernie would do too) for my next b'day (to keep away the maduruwas and such in Lanka)..so reminder for Turtle..you now have 139 days..I suggest you forget all that reading and uni and things and get out there asap..

Fourthly, apologies to those who've been reading this blog like it's a so-very-important-doc to fool the boss..but I'm fast running out of anymore mind-boggling, jaw-breaking things to say here so I reckon I'll wrap this up..

Fifthly, if you do, however, need to still pretend to keep reading, then stare very hard and intently at the pic of the flame on my profile bit on the right..if you're doing it right you will see the flame wavering..enjoy!

*Manshark runs off muttering to herself*

15 comments:

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Right right.. "api kalui" One member fan club? Come onnnnnn more ppl read ur blog than that! Unless im that only one :P

But seriosuly.. thinking of yourself in the third person is a state of reference, which means in a way you are begining to thik about yourself more than you used to. This could be because you have some time on your hands, or something that bothered you just stopped bothering you.

Sachini said...

Hello Manshark,

Talk about unfairness. I'm so overworked I could cry. Couldn't even read your whole post but I didn't want you to stay a minute longer under the misconception that Mr.Evil is your only fan. Imagine what that could do to your self esteem! I mean one fan is good enough but if that one fan is Mr.Evil.....

Butterfly Wings said...

one fan huh? am i invisible or something?? :p good luck with exams chicky. see you soon!

Manshark said...

Everyone: Oh dear, oh dear..Manshark's memory wasn't serving her too well yesterday..I meant to say 5-member fan club..my bad! ;o( Plz forgive?

Mr Evil: you must not say such things to manshark..now I shall spend the next week wondering why I've started thinkin bout meself more & even worse..figuring out what has stopped bothering me in the last few weeks..mmh..think, think, think ;o)

Sach: you poor thing..you're much too young to be overworked!! How'd that happen?

Rashika: Exams over for moi!! *yea!*..but obviously not the manic episodes as you can see.. ;op

Dimiiii: you're included in that five a'ight?..one man fan club indeed..silly bugger..Soo how does it feel to be number 1?? *wink* ;oD

That all done, Manshark will now go see if she can manoeuvre this inflated ego outta here..gonna be a mighty tight squeeze! ;op

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Oi sach! There is nothing wrong with having "Mr. Evil" as a fan?? Even evil has feelings too you know :P Plus I'm a good and loyal fan at that! But i'm so sorry about being over worked :( BUT if ur over worked and under paid.. ur in Sri Lanka :D

Manshark : Now see, there is no need to think or wonder "WHY" just enjoy the 'Moments of U' lol :)

Turtle said...

me too! me too!

Anonymous said...

who's fan club? can i join? do we get cake? hello? who ARE you people? why am i typing in earth-language?

whats cake?

┴▓╚ó╤ ↨☻ ┼ÇX┤┐?

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Hmmmmm.. jokerman.. u remind me of a comic book :D Calvin & Hobbes :D

Manshark said...

Mr Evil: All right, shall take ur advice and try to enjoy the moments of me ;o)

Turtle: Well, it was only when I (by force, unknown to you) signed you up that my original one-fan fanclub was created..and now you want to voluntarily join?? Wow, I must be more convincing than I thought! ;oD

Jokerman: Slow down, question overload..!
(1) Manshark's fan club
(2) 'course you can
(3) No cake-mansharks mess up kitchens (sorry!)
(4) Yes? hello back to you!
(5) Manshark? I'm a real, slam-bang, honest-to-goodness, three-fisted humdinger; Fans? read above
(6) What is earth-language? Is it like english?

Remind me again why I humour you?!? ;op

Manshark said...

Mr Evil: Thought I'll reply here instead of cluttering poor Sach's thread.. Mansharks are more into black and white (haven't tried hair in the latter tho!)..Mansharks absolutely HATE pink..hair, clothes, shoes, walls, roadsigns..anything! ;o)

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Yes poor sach :D Interesting.. I think we should catalogue this manshark? Perhaps make a journal on behaviours etc ;)

Though q'rius.. mansharks in black / white mean manshark is trying to blend in and not stand out? :D

But I must ask.. turtle being manskarks close friend. Turtle Having gone out in a combo of fishnet stockings + orange elmo socks. Perhaps mansharks n turtles compliment eachother?

PS did you know pink tends to calm people down.. viewing it i mean :)

Manshark said...

Spot on Evil, mansharks like blending in - astonishing the things you hear when you're all blended in rather than when you're standing out! ;oD And yes, turtles and mansharks complement each other very well..as you can see ;o)

PS> And Mansharks absolutely hate having a calming effect on others..*shudder*..then all those astonishing things ppl say disappear and it gets all boring..(and more imp, all the bribes stop coming my way!!) ;op

Manshark said...

Aaarrgghh!! When this thing says I need to approve the comments..it's LYING!! Aargghh..why is this happenin' to me???? *sniff*

Idiot blogger.

PS> If the comments setting page says 'no' to enable comment moderation why does it say "needs to approve" and then not give me the comments to approve? Anyone know how to correct this shit? Now, I have to re-post some comments a million times over before it comes up automatically while others go fine!! Aargghh.

Manshark said...

It's working!! It's working!!!!! Yea!!

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Hmmmm.. so mansharks = blackmail artist :D