Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pretty Proud Doggy!

While Turtle stalks dogs across New York city, I stalk dogs in my neighbourhood. Esp the blonde droopy-eared tailess cocker spaniel next door. Don't balme me, she totally encourages it - sitting out on the porch till whatever time I decide to come home and say hello - even if it rains . After then only will she will scratch at the door (of its owners) to be let in. Very, very lovable.

Now there is this other doggy, Bella, owned by my other neighbours who is just too cute for words (Bella, not the neighbours). BUT my god, her pride!! When I talk to her, she looks the other way - how rude. If I hide and watch her (no, I'm no lunatic, this is perfectly normal behaviour according to Psychotics Anonymous) she actually starts craning her neck looking around - but only till she sees me watching her. Then she promptly turns her face away with this I-wasn't-looking-for-you expression on her face. How much ruder can you get.

So today, I was sitting on the back steps having my dinner (it was 32C - way too hot when you live in a house - without a fan - that was sealed up for winter) and spied Bella SPYING on ME while sitting with her back turned to me!! The damn cheek!! So of course I did what any normal person in my place would do - I set up my camera to try to capture the out-of-the-corner-of-her-eyes looks she was shooting me while I pretended to ignore her. After a dozen or so blurred bad ones here's the best one I got:

The flash goes off, and what do you know, she turns out to be a poser!! And proceeds to very obligingly sit quite prettily while I snapped away, not once looking away. Aint't she pretty??

This is one chick who puts that kohl pencil to good use! lol

Why am I writing this? Cos exams are on in a week & hence am procrastinating (as per usual).

Isn't the real question, why are you reading this?

2 comments:

k9 said...

well to answer your last question, I read this cos I'm a dog. Yes she is one fine young lass. These foreign chicks, there's something about them...hmmm...and Bella...nice name...the next time you meet her, tell her about me..I noticed that you have linked me so I'm sure you'll put in a good word about me manshark.. ;)

Manshark said...

Hey k9, Welcome to my (dog-friendly) blog!

Of course I'm gonna tell her all about you.. Yday we didn't discuss much seeing as we'd just got to be frnds. I'm sure she'll be much impressed - it's not everyday you hear of a dog who can type!

I do wish though u could meet her cos then you'd be able to forget this ball-less complex u seem to have ;o( cos all dogs here (except those in breeding farms) are ball-less - so she'd really see you solely for the dog that you are ;o) and the happily ever after would be guaranteed!