Monday, October 16, 2006

Let us Celebrate Our...

Military Victories!

One small (very small) regret is these boys' mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, girlfriends, sons, daugters won't be able to join in the celebrations. Or listen to all those victory speeches.

But that's okay I guess, Cos apparently we can win this war (oh no, don't say that! GOSL defence really is so strong now it can weed out every LTTE-er. There IS no such thing as driving factions underground to turn up stronger). C'mon MR! Let's do this!

I can tell my kids, look what we left for you...your country...oh, sorry, does it look like rubble to you? So what? At least I got to be proud.

I got to listen to all those victory speeches. I got to celebrate.

Life was good then.

2 comments:

Just Mal said...

Umm.. you gotta break eggs if you want to make an omelette.

70000 people have already died. 200 soldiers wouldn't make a difference.

halwis said...

Lets face it - war is a part of this world we have inherited and its going to be propably for the duration of our lives. People will die in their numbers on 'our side' as well as the 'other side'. This used to upset me...
But can anybody explain WHY we feel more upset if Sanath Jayasooriya scores 98 and gets out - two runs short of a century - than when 98 men are blasted to their deaths? Now THAT scares the shits out of me!