Saturday, July 15, 2006

..and speaking of hair!

..so speaking of hair (in my second last blog) I just remembered something I did a couple of days ago which must be said here.

I decided to cut my hair and after much walking, finally found a place which didn't threaten to charge a government-clerk's-monthly-salary price to snip off my tresses.

So while I sat fighting (successfully!) the urge to swirl round and round on that turning chair (as I could have had I been 20 years younger!), the hair-dresser turned my face this way and that. Finally she sighed, pursed her lips in a satisfied manner and delivered the verdict:

"You must get a hair style that will minimise your nose and long chin."

OMG!! To think I had been going around all this time quite oblivous to my long chin and big nose! What tragedy! What humiliation!! What suffering on all those who were forced to look upon this tragic ugliness! Hence I decided on the spot that I must go under her knife scissors.

I have always believed that seeing as I have had the good fortune to be born in this world, I must do something worthwhile for mankind. Here was my opportunity! It would have been against everything I believed in, all that I held dear, against my very conscience to prolong the suffering of mankind (at least of those that have had the misfortune to meet me). It was time I put a stop to the suffering I had imposed on the world these 26 years by giving it no choice but to put up with my long chin and big nose. Therefore, going under this good lady's scissors was my selfless act for the world. Making sense so far? Perfectly.

So, half an hour later, most of my hair lay on the floor, I'm pretty sure I'd lost at least 2kgs in weight/ hair, and was positively sure that I could expect divorce engagement-breaking papers any day in the mail. To me, in all honesty, my chin and nose pretty much looked the same sizes as they had half an hour earlier.

Why am I writing this on my blog? Merely so that you, my friend (or random-blog-reader), will now have the opportunity to propose my name for the Nobel Peace Prize for my selfless act (or at least for the selfless intention behind the decision for the act).

I will now go Google some plastic surgeons in the region to make sure my chin is shortened and nose is "minimised" in time to make the Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech.

No comments: